Reinhard Fescharek ?
Reinhard Fescharek is a medical doctor who – from childhood on – is fascinated by sculpture. Besides his career as a physician, which led him in many countries around the world, he expresses himself as a sculptor. He uses diverse materials such as wood, bronze, sometimes stone, but also found objects (objets trouvés), thrown away or discarded, which he puts into new context and gives them new significance.
You can find art work of this passionate autodidact in German and French art galeries.
Due to his double talent as a physician and an artist he has been solicited for designing and creating healing gardens and green spaces. He aims at creating gardens which meet the needs of its users and which harmoniously fit into their environment.
In this context Reinhard Fescharek develops custom made solutions, which integrate nature, art and the life with and in such gardens. Specifically for the use in these therapeutic gardens, he has designed a series of well adapted furniture.
Want to know more about it : please contact me
Ville de Pau (France), Individual Exhibition
VIIIème Salon de Sarrebourg (France)
XVème Salon de Vittel (France)
Salon international de Thionville (France)
Galerie Michael Schmalfuss, Marburg (Germany)
Permanent Exhibition in the art gallery Michael Schmalfuss, Marburg, Germany
Art Bodensee (Germany)
Art Madrid (Spain)
Liste Berlin (Germany)
"Mutterbilder" - Group Exhibition
4th may – 22 june : Group Exhibition : « Mutterbilder » in the art galery Schmalfuss, Marburg (Germany);
« Artinea » and « Galerie im Glashaus »
Galerie Schmalfuss, Marburg (Germany) : Summertime
Group exhibition, Marburg (Germany)
- 1988 « VIIIème Salon de Sarrebourg », Bronze Medal;
- 1988 « XVème Salon de Vittel », Bronze Medal;
- 2006 « Salon international de Thionville », Bronze Medal;
- 2009 : Rodin Prize of CEPAL for his art catalogue of 2008;
- 2007/2015 : Development of the design and artistic concept for the therapeutic garden “art mémoire et vie” of the Paul Spillmann Center of the university hospital of Nancy, France. Participation in various research projects associated with the garden.
- 2009 : Creation of the award for the Henri Poincaré Prize of the International Society of Mathematical Physics, that is handed over to the laureats every 3 years since.
- 2015 : Creation of the „CSL Behring Milestones” honoring more than a hundred years of exceptional scientific discoveries at the Marburg laboratories
- 2019-2021 :Design and implementation of the therapeutic garden « Invitation à l’art et au voyage » of the Maisons Hospitalières , 56 rue des Quatre Eglises 54000 Nancy, France
- 2021 – : Start of conceptual design for therapeutic gardens commissioned by WZC Onze Lieve Vrouw Van Troost Knokke-Heist, Belgium
Galerie Bourreau Ravier
+ 33 (0)2 51 39 17 14
Art Expo Editions – André Courreau
25 rue du Docteur Calmette
+33 (0)4 93 38 15 89